Sensitise to Sanitise
India doesn’t want to be No.1.
We need your support
India ranks No.1 in open defecation. Habitat For Humanity India launches ‘Sensitise to Sanitise’ with a mission to sensitise India about this issue and build 100,000 sanitation units across the country.
The Sensitise to Sanitise campaign
- Goal: 100,000 sanitation interventions across India.
- Funds required : INR 50 Crores (USD 8.5Mn)
- The implementation of the campaign goal will be achieved through multi-stakeholder participation. The USP of this campaign will be PPP with people (people owned and people driven)
- Habitat For Humanity India urges corporates and individuals to support this campaign
- This will be utilized to provide sanitation units in rural households thereby restoring dignity and security to women and girl children
Types of sanitation units offered
- Twin Pit Toilets –Twin-pits for pour-flush toilets are two underground leaching pits linked to one single pour-flush toilet by a Y-junction.
- Bio Digester Toilets- Bio-Digester Toilet is a decomposition mechanized toilet system which decomposes Human Excretory Waste in the digester tank using specific high graded bacteria further converting it into methane and water, discharged further to the desired surface.
- Single Pit Toilets – In a single pit toilet, excreta, along with anal cleansing materials (water or solids) are deposited into a pit. Lining the pit prevents it from collapsing and provides support to the superstructure.
- Corporates: Donate / pledge to support 500 girl children (minimum) by contributing towards construction of sanitation units in their homes
- Corporate Employees / Individuals: Every rupee matters. Individuals are encouraged to pledge monthly giving through their payrolls or direct account transactions
- HNIs: Adopt a community of 100 households and donate for the construction of sanitation units
- Social Investors: Give back to the society by investing your money for a social cause. The investment may not yield monetary benefits but will provide you an opportunity to contribute towards building India
- Foundations/ Institutions: Partner with Habitat for Humanity India and achieve your social objectives
- Support: Change your Facebook status or tweet, I SUPPORT #S2S
- Volunteer: Give us your time and join us in a S2S Build.
Why Habitat for Humanity
Habitat For Humanity India Trust not only constructs sanitation units but also ensures behavioural changes through awareness workshops and trainings conducted by in-house experts. We also provide technical and construction assistance.
- Habitat creates a sense of ownership by engaging beneficiaries end –to-end in the process and through sweat equity or ‘Shramdaan’
- Equipped to provide cost-effective and location specific sanitation solutions, Habitat for Humanity has executed several housing and sanitation projects in more than 17 states in India with notable projects executed in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, UP, MP, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Uttarakhand.
- Till date, HFH India has served a total of 54,422 families